Changes in release 6 PL 14
UDO 6 Patchlevel 14 was published on Jul 11, 1999.
Here you find here a very compressed list of the major changes
compared to the last release. UDO supports now more destination
formats, it supports new features and there were fixed a lot of bugs.
In some cases it was impossible not to change the syntax of some
- New target formats:
- New commands:
- !begin_flushleft, !end_flushleft
- !begin_flushright, !end_flushright
- !html_backimage, !html_backcolor,
- !begin_comment, !end_comment,
!cinclude, !comment, (!KKW [comment!])
- !html_modern_layout, !html_modern_width,
- !html_frames_layout, !html_frames_width
!html_frames_height <value>, !html_frames_position <text>,
- !wh4_helpid, !wh4_charwidth,
- !win_monofont, !wh4_monofont
- !begin_linedraw, !end_linedraw,
- !hh_backimage, !hh_backcolor,
- !drc_bcolor, !drc_icolor,
- !use_auto_toptocs 
- !error <text>
- !begin_node*, !begin_pnode,
- !rtf_keep_tables [on|off]
- !html_button_alignment [left|center|right]
- !begin_ignore, !end_ignore
- !subtoc_offset, !subsubtoc_offset,
- !html_propfont_name, !html_propfont_size
- !html_monofont_name, !html_monofont_size
- !use_raw_header <file>, !use_raw_footer <file>,
- You can use up to 3000 chapters now.
- !verbatimsize is supported for HTML.
- On systems supporting long filenames, UDO uses now 3 digits
per level instead of 2 (001002003004.html instead of 01020304.html).
- The entries of tables of contents are partially managed
- The title page is managed dynamically now, to prevent problems
with entries being too long.
- Up to 4096 Nodes and labels/aliases.
- Extensive optimizations.
- UDO can include files with spaces in the filename now.
- If you use !tabwidth 0, UDO does not convert tab
characters in verbatim and sourcecode environments.
- UDO generate an error message now when using
!maketitle without having set any information for the
- If you use !heading, !subheading
etc. in a center or flushright environment, the headings will be
- If you use !html_keywords more than once in a node,
the entries will be concatenated, separated by a comma.
- The number of symbols you can use has been increased from 32
- !image can display images with spaces in the
- Dual and triple indices are correctly exported for RTF now.
- The first HTML page will only include a home symbol if you use
- The term
Hints in the logfile has been changed to
- UDO will output the version number in the logfile.
- When using (!img), UDO will output an error
message if the dimensions of the image cannot be detected.
- The suffix of the MAP file for WinHelp has been changed to
- When using !chaptericon, UDO will output an error
message if the image file could not be found.
- If you use !no_images, the HTML output won't
contain browse buttons but ASCII arrows that are separated by brackets
and pipe symbols. Additionaly the "top tocs" won't contain any images.
- The commands !subtoc, !subsubtoc
and !subsubsubtoc all cause the same output now, so the only
sensible table of contents will be generated. This prevents problems
when using !begin_node and !end_node.
- Up to 1000 characters can be used in a table cell now.
- The number of macros and definitions has been increased to
1000. The number of nodes has been increased to 32,768.
- The date format of !language [french] has been adopted (Didier
- You have to avoid using umlauts or other special characters in
filenames included with the !image command.
- Syntax changes:
- The switch for justification has been renamed from
!use_justified to !use_justification.
- The switch !html_use_xlist does not exist any more.
- !german, !english, !french etc. don't exist any more and have
been replaced by the !language command.
- !no_toc_subnodes can be replaced by !tableofcontents !depth 1
- The commands to switch the character set have changed. The
command !code replaces the old commands code_dos,
code_mac, code_next and
- The commands to set information for the title page have
changed. Instead of title, program,
version, date, author,
street, town, country
and email the new command !docinfo [ ] has
to be used.
- The commands for specific destination formats have changed:
!raw [asc] replaces !asc, !raw [stg]
replaces !stg, !raw [win] replaces !win, etc.
- The switch !stg_no_database has been replaced by
- !win_backcolor replaces the switch !win_background.
- The color names have changed and were adopted to the HTML 3.2
Copyright © www.udo-open-source.org (Contact)
Last updated on May 19, 2014