Changes in release 6
UDO 6 was published on Jan 3, 1997.
You will find here a very compressed list of the major changes of
the last eight months. UDO supports now more destination formats, it
supports new features and there were fixed a lot of bugs. In some
cases it was impossible not to change the syntax of some commands.
- New destination formats:
- Apple QuickView
I don't know if UDO really saves NROFF or if it is TROFF or GROFF.
But you can already use it to make simple manpages for Unix systems.
- Destination formats
C source code and
Using these formats it is possible to edit a C or Pascal source
code and its documentation in one file.
UDO will print
normal text using the comment characters of
C or Pascal. The source code will be printed without conversion.
- New commands:
- !autoref_items [off|on]: Shall UDO insert links in items of
descriptions and lists?
- !code_mac, !code_hp8, !code_iso, !code_dos and !code_tos: UDO
understands now the character sets of other operating systems.
- !country: Additional title page information.
- !html_backpage: For a back-link on the HTML title
- !html_keywords: For HTML meta information.
- !html_img_suffix: To enable you to use JPEG images etc.
- !html_nodesize: For changing the font size of HTML
- !ifos und !ifnos: For
checking the operating system.
- !ignore_headline, !ignore_bottomline: For
suppressing the headline or the bottomline of a specific node.
- !ignore_subtoc etc.: For suppressing the sub-table of
contents inside a specific node.
- !ignore_links: For suppressing links to a specific
- !image*: For printing image captions without
- !image_counter: For changing the image counter.
- !no_index: For suppressing index command
- !no_toc_subnodes, !no_toc_subsubnodes, !no_toc_subsubsubnodes:
For making the table of contents smaller.
- !no_preamble: Useful if you want to write your own
- !parwidth: For changing the paragraph width of
the destination file.
- !rtf_charwidth: For changing the value UDO uses for
calulating indents and cell widths.
- !set, !unset,
!ifset, !ifnset: For setting and
- !sort_hyphen_file: Shall UDO sort the hyphen file and
- !subsubsubnode etc.: A fourth layer.
- !table_counter: For changing the table counter.
- !table_caption*: For printing table captions without
- !tabwidth: For setting the tabulator width for
- !use_justification: Shall UDO generate justification?
- !use_nodes_inside_index, !use_alias_inside_index,
!use_label_inside_index: For appending nodes, aliases and labels to
- !use_output_buffer: Shall UDO use a buffer to make the
references more perfect for HTML and Windows Help?
- !use_short_envs: For printing always compressed
- !verbatimsize: For changing the font size of
- !win_background: For changing the background color for Windows
- !win_high_compression, !win_medium_compression: For setting
the compression rate for Windows Help.
- !win_inline_bitmaps: Shall UDO use special RTF commands
for using inline bitmaps?
- !win_charwidth: For changing the value UDO uses for
calulating indents and cell widths.
- The RTF output was programmed completely new. You can import
UDO's RTF files without problems in WinWord.
- UDO saves a preamble for LaTeX 2.09 and LaTeX2e on its own (you
can switch it off, if you want).
- UDO allows you to use many more nodes, table rows, hyphens,
- UDO checks the source files more pedantically.
- Images are positioned like the outer text. To center an image
you have to use the !image command inside a center
environment. Thus, you can print left and right justified images, too.
- The suffix for ASCII files is now
- UDO doesn't break line between verb when
converting to LaTeX.
- Graphic characters of the IBM PC character set will be
| for Windows Help.
- Syntax changes:
- !no_verbatim_umlaute replaces the switch
- The switch !list_parsep doesn't exist anymore. You can print
compressed environment easier with !short now.
- The language of the destination file has to be set with the
!language command now. !language [english] replaces
the command !english.
- You can pass three index entries with one
!index command now.
- !win_html_look doesn't exist anymore.
- Shadowed, hollow, outlined and framed text isn't supported
anymore. But you can define your own commands with definitions if you
need these text styles.
Copyright © www.udo-open-source.org (Contact)
Last updated on May 19, 2014